[IP] Re: Com-Station -- President Clinton's Address

    It is my understanding that the new AccuChek Complete is also going to be able to work with these new MiniMed products.  I think we all get frustrated when it comes to keeping good records since there is so much more information to keep track of.  In the brochure that came with my new 507C (I recently upgraded from a 506), it also talks about  "continuous glucose monitoring" which will also be quite a benefit for most of us!  I know that patience isn't one of my virtues but waiting for positive stuff like this is worth it.  I've lived with diabetes for 33 years, have minimal complications and was literally "set free" when I began pumping two years ago.  We've come a long way!!!
    On the subject of the President's State of the Union address, I have to admit I was disappointed that no mention was made with reference to funding diabetes research, etc.  but I also have to ask this question:  Do we all contribute to the cause be it locally or the ADA?  And, have we written our representatives so they'll know how we feel?  Lots of progress has been made and although it sems that AIDS and other diseases get more attention, I'd much rather be "stuck" with the big D than live with AIDS or Cancer.  The success of our health is up to us . . . as long as we do what is necessary to keep us healthy, we can be.  There are more medications and equipment available to us now than there ever was 33 years ago.  Foods are easier to find (everyone thinks about eating healthy now) and medical research has discovered great things.  Diabetes stinks but it CAN ALWAYS BE WORSE!
    I hope you all have a pleasant day!    Jane Dohrmann -- Norfolk, Virginia
From: "Aaron Michelson" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] MiniMed's new Com-Station and software

I found it hard to get this information out of MiniMed.

NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. Likely date of availability is March of 1999. When Com-Station and software becomes available mail will be sent to all MiniMed registered pump owners. NO OTHER INFORMATION RELEASED.

I'm sure glad they're working on it. I need all the help I can get. Anybody
else get discouraged?

The following quote from http://www.minimed.com/files/mm_098.htm led me to believe that charting my insulin use would be automatic. IMHO it should say NOT AVAILABLE somewhere in the high falutin claim.

"Long-term, Downloadable Memory provides access to: 90 daily totals
450 boluses 50 alarms 50 Prime uses last 200 programming events

Download to your PC .  All this information is put to good use with MiniMed's new Com-Station and software (optional accessory). Just place your 507 series pump in the dock of the Com-Station, and data stored in memory can be quickly downloaded to a computer for comprehensive analysis and interpretation. "