Re: [IP] Interesting TV item, how true or not I don't know.

At 08:30 PM 1/19/1999  Ted Quick wrote:
>I heard a story on the EXTRA show this evenening. Since I have my doubts about
>their "reporting" (which I suspect is more sensationalizing than reporting), I
>wouldn't go too wild about it, but we should keep watching for
>Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?

Anything that sounds too good to be true, probably is. It also sounds like
a script from a patent-medicine salesperson. (Snake-oil anyone??) All sorts
of wonderful testimonials about how people were instantly healed... yeah,
sure. Everything seems hyped... like "diabetes -- A condition which
requires her to take pills and endure six painful injections everyday."
Give me a break... most insulin injections you hardly feel.

This story was originally reported from one of the tabloids... if a great
diabetes breakthrough is found, I doubt that we'll hear about it first in
the National Enquirer. And if this stuff is so great, why aren't they
having it studied scientifically? Why? Because, they want to make a buck,
that's why. Sorry to be such a cynic, but people that prey on others like
this (especially when the victims are the sick and elderly) make me angry.