[IP] Re: too little to pump? Richard

On the pump, Kayla has a total daily basal delivery of 4.0 units.  Her
boluses run around 7 units a day.  So her usual daily total is 11
units.  Not had any problems with clogging or poor delivery due to the
small amount of insulin, and she's been pumping over 8 months.  I would
think if there was going to be a problem, we would have seen it by now!

For 16 hours a day she runs a .1 basal rate.  So that's only one click
an hour.  Still no clogging.  Oh, and her MDI rate was 15 units a day,
same as your son.  So you can figure his pump requirements would similar
to Kayla's.

Kayla's mom