In a message dated 1/19/99 9:38:19 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Does anyone know if there is a minimum number of units of insulin you can
 be taking  and still use the pump?  When talking to my son's CDE and
 asking about the pump, she said that because he takes so little insulin,
 it MIGHT be a problem using a pump. >>

Hmmmm ... I'm no expert, but it would seem to me that, since the pump (at
least the MM) delivers in tenths of a unit, that it would be ideal for
somebody taking minimal amounts of insulin. You can "tweak" that intake *real*
good with a pump!