[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #745

> My son Brian (10) is a competitive swimmer and a new pumper(just one
> month); he is having difficulty getting the set to stay in place
> during his pool workouts. (He is using the quick release softset).
> The water gets under the IV 3000 tape and it lifts away. We are
> trying out new methods, but the water nearly always makes it under!

I swim several days a week for about an hour. I also use SofSet QRs (and
disconnect while in the pool). I apply a layer of IV3000 tape (the same
tape that comes with the SofSet, but bought separately, and without the
hole) to my skin first. I then insert the SofSet through the tape layer
and put the hole-IV3000 tape that comes with it on top. I have not had
problems with the tape coming loose. I also change my site every 2 or
3 days.