Re: [IP] Correcting High Blood Sugars

? said

> After 2-3 hours the humalog that you gave
> is completely gone and you should be back
> to baseline.

My endo says duration is 3 - 4.5 hours.  I am
one who definately gets bg lowering affect
past 3 hours.

> I wouldn't expect a postmeal blood sugar
> over 170 with an appropriate dose of Humalog.

The only time I get 1 or 2 hour post meals
under 170 that doesn't mean I am likely to
be hypo later is when I eat pizza.  I did
lots of 1, 2, 3, and 4 hour post meal bgs
to develop post meal targets that work for

Just another example of the YMMV nature of