Re: [IP] Someone Explain

Lori,  there are surely some things hard to explain (I never said D always
makes sense :-), but some things are fairly certain.  One of them is that
glucose gets absorbed very quickly, starting even in the mouth.  What I
said was that if the glucose is not raising the BG, then something else is
taking care of that.  It' s the body's variable usage of glucose  (e.g.
after a strong workout) that is not well understood, but I assure that if
you eat a glucose tab, that glucose will be in your blood within 15- 20
min.  If it doesnt' raise your BG, then you've got lots of possibilities:
another glucose transporter at work,  a change in insulin receptor
sensitivity, release of insulin from a sub-cu pool, a tapeworm, my
sugar-addict daughter sucking your blood, or something no one has yet
discovered.   I just think it'll be easier to eventually figure out the
unknowns if we are careful to document the knowns.
-wm

Those glucose tabs may always go into the system in 15 minutes for you --
but I've had "vanilla" days where I've had to eat 18 in an afternoon and
never gotten above 50.  No, it doesn't make sense, and yes, I'm an
engineer/scientist and compulsive about data.  I'm with Sam (it took 27
years to get there though), some days are just like that.  D does NOT always
make sense.  Unfortunately, those days sometimes happen when all of the
glycogen has already been used up, and I never do go high.  While I admit to
frustration if my A1c is ever above 6.4, I also despise those days that are
simply unexplainable -- but I acknowledge them.  They exist.  I cannot
change or explain them.  Perhaps if I could, I could also have an answer for
a cure.
Take care,
Lori

-Wayne