Re: [IP] MRIs, CTs and pumps

In a message dated 1/18/99 11:49:57 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< My question (finally) is what kind of effect will the MRI have on my pump?
 If I just have another head CT, and I keep my pump around my feet, will my
 pump be okay?  That is what I did yesterday. >>

MiniMed advises that the pump be removed for CT scans and MRIs (and that it
not be sent throught the x-ray machines at airports). I also heard that the MM
be removed and left outside the room containing the CT or MRI.