[IP] Hemoglobin A1c Question

I have some questions about the Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) test (specifically
about the "calculated" one):

- I have heard different things about how many months back it "goes". Is it
3 ? 4 ? something else ?

- How comparable are results from different labs ?

- Is it at all weighed to the more recent months ? (Do the past month's
blood sugars have more of an effect on the HbA1c, than the previous month's
blood sugars ?)

This message has been generated by MIMEsweeper and certifies that
the  message and  attachments have  been swept  for all known and
recorded computer viruses.