[IP] Hemoglobin A1c Question

Hi,

I have some questions about the Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) test (specifically
about the "calculated" one):

- I have heard different things about how many months back it "goes". Is it
3 ? 4 ? something else ?

- How comparable are results from different labs ?

- Is it at all weighed to the more recent months ? (Do the past month's
blood sugars have more of an effect on the HbA1c, than the previous month's
blood sugars ?)

Thanks,
Ali

-------
This message has been generated by MIMEsweeper and certifies that
the  message and  attachments have  been swept  for all known and
recorded computer viruses.