Re: [IP] Danger: Microwave Oven

In a message dated 1/15/99 11:13:15 AM, email @ redacted writes:

>Do you know if this is a district wide issue or is it site specific to
>your school?
> If it is district wide then OSHA may have some real problems with the
>districts compliance to OSHA guidelines.  If it is site specific, it could
>be something as simple as not having the right 'type' of microwave for
>the specific enviroment.
>You may have to do a bit of research, maybe our "Pumpin' Principal" could
>chime in with some of his experience with OSHA.  The very best of luck.~Frank
Actually I have never had any experience with OSHA and microwaves.  For that
matter I haven't had much experience w/ OSHA at all.  About the only thing I
can remember is the changing of the compositions of duplicating fluid and
white out.  I would try to work out something where the micros in the
cafeteria or teachers' lounge could be used.  Try to show how it could be done
w/ minimal disruption or special work for the staff.

Kevin, The Pumpin' Principal