Re: [IP] High Blood Sugar Bolus

<< Since I went on the pump last month, however, I
 made a deal to follow his directions and IT IS WORKING.  240s drop gradually
 to target over 3 hours and I have none of the rollercoaster lows following
 highs that I used to get all the time when "chasing" highs with extra shots
 of H.
 Does anyone else do this/have any comments?
If it works..follow it.  Most people are too over aggressive about fixing
highs after a meal. You always have to be mindful of any unused insulin from
the last bolus. Overlapping boluses can lead to unexpected lows.   We use the
formula in Pumping Insulin for correcting high BGs at meal time and then work
on problem solving to get it all fine tuned. We do not recommend high BG bolus
until 3-4 hours after a meal. There are times that a bolus will be off, but
that is part of the trouble shooting and critical thinking anaylsis process we
focus on.
Barbara B.