Re: [IP] Summer camp for pumpers

I was a camper at Bearskin Meadows in the early 1960's....when Dr. Olney
was in charge...very good memories...except the ride from the train
station in Fresno to the camp in the back of open large truck sitting on
our suitcases and sleeping bags!  First time for me to meet other
children with Diabetes!
I was twelve and thirteen years of age back then.
In the early 1980's our eldest son's Boy Scout Troop went to Bearskin
Meadows to help prepare the camp for the upcoming Summer sessions
(Troop Leader was Diabetic and former camper there himself) and we drove
in the carpool and I got to see Dr. Olney again!
Then...she wasn't too impressed with Endocrinologists!

Becky LaSpina
IDDM since 1957