Re: [IP] Bent cannula?

Dan & Lisa Diener wrote:
> Becky,
> My son had the same problem you are having with the soft sets.  They
> would bend on him all the time and he would get a no delivery alarm.
> Because of these problems he switched to the silhouetts aka comforts or
> tenders.  He has had no more problems with bent canulas or no delivery
> alarms.  I hope this helps.

I meantr to respond when I saw theoriginal message but got sidetrackes.
My experience with SofSets showed me that fo ME, at least, the straight in
canula sometimes got pulled out and pushed back in when i moved in certain
ways, usually when bending over forward with it in my abdomen.

Apparently the skin bunches up under the canula base, so it pulls the
Teflon out slightly. Then when you go back to an upright position it
tries to push back in, and at some point gets crimped over as a result.
That's why I like Silhoettes/Comforts/Tenders, the sideway entrance of the
canula avoids the problem 99% of the time.

Ted Quick