[IP] Bent cannula?

I am new pump user (Dec 26th) and have found I haven't had any success
with the left side of stomach with the sets failing everytime ...twice
when removing the Sof-Set the cannula has been bent in half...yet the
inserter needle went in straight?  Today I THOUGHT I had succeeded with
fairly normal bg readings all day until I bolused for dinner (7u) and
went to 377 and then to 397!!!  Removed new set (went in this am) to
find the cannula was bent in half.
Right side of stomach seems to work everytime so can't figure out what I
am doing incorrectly...could I be hitting muscle on left side BUT not on
right side?
Did give regular syringe injection of the Humalog and put in new set at
10 pm in right side.

Becky LaSpina
IDDM since 1957