[IP] re: Anniversary

Hi Sam....  Taking "one day at a time" is all *anyone* can do.  Know that
your struggle is admired.   *smile*   I work in a cardiac rehabilitation
program (I hope this important aspect of care was recommended to you!) and
sadly, you are *absolutely* RIGHT about many cardiologists - especially
surgeons(!) - not treating the whole person.   *sigh*

	You bring up an important topic for those of us with diabetes, as our risk
for heart disease is greatly increased thanks to our disease process.
Primary and secondary prevention efforts (lipid/weight/hypertension/diabetes
management/smoking cessation/stress reduction/exercise, etc) are SOooo
important to overall health.  But you are also right to think that health is
not only physical, but mental and spiritual as well.  If you've never read
any of Dr. Dean Ornish's work - "Reversing Heart Disease" or "Love &
Survival : The Scientific Basis for the Healing Power of Intimacy", or the
work of noted cardiovascular surgeon Dr. Mehmet Ozmay, "Healing From The
Heart", may I recommend these to you.

	May you know that you are thought of today.  And always remember what we
all already know.... a heart is much more than a pump.  *grin*   I think
there may be some irony in that!

Always in health,
Delaine M. Wright, MS, CDE