Re: [IP] vitamins and minerals

Gina Walteamth wrote:
> I have been researching all aspects of diabetes.  I have come across
> numerous articles on the benefit of certain minerals such as chromium,
> biotin, gymnema etc.  Some of these are reported as being helpful to
> IDDM and NIDDM.  I would like to know what other people's experiences
> are - I am skeptical due to lack of knowledge and would be hesitant to
> have my daughter start on these things.
> Gina

The following information is excerpted from the "Prescription For
Nutritional Healing" by James F. Balch, MD, and Phyllis A. Balch, CNC.

CHROMIUM PICOLINATE (400-600 mcg daily)--Improves insulin's efficiency,
which lowers blood sugar levels.

L-CARNITINE (500mg twice daily on an empty stomach.  Take with water, do
NOT take with milk.  Take with 50mg vitamin B6 and 100mg vitamin C for
better absorption)--mobilizes fat.

L-GLUTAMINE (500mg twice daily on an empty stomach)--reduces the craving
for sugars.

TAURINE  (500mg twice daily on an empty stomach)--aids in the release of

QUERCETIN  (100mg three times daily)--helps protect the membranes of the
lens of the eye from accumulations of polyols as a result of high
glucose levels.

This is an incomplete list...there are many more, PLUS herbs.  I'd
suggest getting the book.

Mike Maturen

p.s.  I can give you the rest of the list, but didn't want to waste
bandwidth...just e-mail me privately at:  email @ redacted