[IP] Dr. Bernstein's Book

I am reading Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution.  This is a fascinating book
concerning controlling DM by NOT eating any carbs--mainly protein and fat.
This guy has credibility because he is a Type 1 for over 50 years and
discovered normal BGs prevent complications before that theory was popular.  I
am interested if anyone is on this diet and how it has worked for them.
Because I am a vegetarian, I don't think I could stick to this diet for very
long.  I just don't like meat or fat.  Anyway, I am curious about how this has
worked for others and if the results are worth the effort.  BTW, Ken, is this
guy related to you?  ellen