[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #742

  Yes, a mature young teen can trouble shoot pump problems - with some help.
My daughter is 12, and does most of her own care - she would do it all if we
let her, but gosh, she'll be doing this until a cure is found, so we help for
now. Anyway, we have made sheets for her, which we call 'decision trees'. On
each of these sheets, an issue is broken down, let's say hyperglycemia. It
gives her step by step instructions, and 'what if's' to follow. We do this not
because she needs to use them frequently, but she is still a kid, and can tend
to panic in unfamiliar situations. These help build her confidence, and she
knows what she is doing is right, whether we are there watching her or not.
She has a set of these at school in her diabetes binder, and a reduced set in
her mini pack she carries with her everywhere, and her set at home.
Works for us!
Sue Tappendorf