Re: [IP] Danger: Microwave Oven

The only thought I have is that food prepared or re-heated in a
microwave oven needs to cook or be heated to a higher temperature then
regular stove top or oven cooking to kill food borne bacteria.

Maybe the school was not monitoring the temperature or staff didn't know
the policy ot proper cooking temperature.
I work in Food Service and microwave oven can be used.

Kasey Sikes wrote:
> >  Does anyone have a
> > clue what problems OSHA might have with microwave ovens, and how I can
> > persuade them to let my "special needs" child heat up her lunch?
> >
> See if there is one in the teacher's lounge that they will let her use.
> Kasey

Diabetes Knowledge Web Site