[IP] Questions about insertion sets

I have been using the softsets with no problem except that I am running
out of sites on my tummy and the softsets are to deep for anywhere else.
I only have certain places on my tummy they work. My CDE wants me to try
the silhouette's on the lower part of my back towards the hip area. The
softsets have worked so well for me but I understand my CDE concern
because I have "holes" all over the small area of my tummy that I can
use and she would like me to alternate between the softset in the tummy
and the silhouette's in the hip area.
Do the silhouette's insert like a needle i.e. pinch some skin and pop it
in? I am a little worried about absorption because on MDI I would get
very different absorption curves everywhere except my tummy. I also
realize this subject comes up a bit but I did not think I would be
confronted with this so soon and even though I read the post I did not
pay attention as I should have. Sorry
Any experience you would like to share I would appreciate.
Thank you and Take Care