Re: [IP] Great news!

>  Lauren does test her blood about
> 5-8X a day, but we both agree that it is worth it!    And I guess
> she understands its significance because she is elated too!

I found with my daughter that there has never been a need to
encourage her to test. The increase in control and ability to eat and
do what/when she wanted is more than enough incentive for her to
maintain good bg's. She says she feels crummy if she's high or low
and would rather test than feel bad. I have to admit to feeling
guilty about asking her to test 15 - 20 minutes after treating a low
because I can't imagine having to prick my fingers over and over
again even though I do it once in a while to remind me what it's
like. Lily never seems to mind and will test at the drop of a hat. It
wasn't always this way. On shots testing was resisted.