Re: [IP] Coming Online With my Pump...

>  Any chance that this is just a product of the saline?

I've had this happen with insulin too.  The best advice given to me from
this list was to make sure the insulin is at room temperature prior to
filling cartridge.  In othe words take it out of the refrig and let it sit
at room temp for a while.  Also, don't fill the insulin bottle with the full
cartridge.  I use about 3/4 air for one cartridge and this has helped with

> On the subject of site prep:
> My Disetronic Rep told me that all that was really needed was an alcohol
> prep.  My CDE took it one step further, and said even that was not
> necessary; instead just shower in the AM before insertion, and she's a
> longtime pumper herself.  Any comments from the regulars on this issue?

I think this is a YMMV.  The rep asked if I exercised and if I sweat.  I
said yes to both and he recommended the I.V Prep.  Works wonders.  I use to
have so many problems when exercising - sweating and tapes.  This keeps it
on almost like super glue.  :-)

Good Luck, I hope it all goes well.