Re: [IP] Someone Explain

At 01:12 AM 1/14/1999  Michael wrote:
>> Michael, when was the last time she took any N insulin.
>About 4 year ago. Don't think it's that <vbg>
>After reading all the good stuff I have a (very thin) hypothesis
>(emphasis on the HYPO part). She took a hot shower just before bed.
>What if the additional circulation promoted in the skin from the hot
>water speeded up the absorption of insulin from her dinner bolus??
>And that is what made her low at bed time. She uses a mix of H/V 5/1.
>Possibly a fairly large portion of the 'tail' could have gone in
>causing the bed time low and exaserbating the 'low-ness' at 2:30.

Does this happen after almost every hot shower?? If not, your "hypo-thesis"
has just crashed.

I think the theory about insulin pooling sometimes sounds like the best
answer so far. The absorption rate is one of those variables that we don't
have much control over. It may not only explain those unexplained lows, but
some unexplained highs too. A pooled bunch of insulin might then behave
like a dam that breaks... it collects a lot of stuff and then when it lets
go, it all flows out at once.

ICQ #11353385