Re: [IP] Someone Explain

At 04:39 AM 1/14/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>What is the physiology behind this.
>Bottom line, 5 glucose tablets, 12 grams (carbo) of toast and 30 minutes
>later, bg has only come up about 20 points. I've seen this before, but
>never really examined the underlying physiology. Anybody got a good

One thing that you must watch out for is the rebound effect... when you
give a fast acting sugar there sometimes is the chance to go high (or
higher) then drop the blood sugar fast and sometimes end up lower than when
you started..  to help stop this just give some protein with the snack.

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438