Re: [IP] Kids with Pumps

I play soccer, and am goalie so there is a lot of contact!  I either
disconnect and play, or put my pump on the waist strap or in my bra.  I
generally check bg at halftime, and bolus a slight ammount accordingly,
and sometimes I just reduce my basel to about 20-40% and keep the pump
on.  Hockey seems to me to be a good sport to play with a pump, and
really hard with shots!  If he uses a teflon cannula there is no problem
if someone hits him right there, and you can always move the site to a
'hard to reach' place.  I use rapids(90deg needle) sometimes, and
haven't had problems with the site.