Re: [IP] battery tip

email @ redacted wrote:
> hi kids:

We have baby goasts online here now?!!! <G>
> a tip for batteries (MNMD at least) - when you take them out of the package.
> rub the side with the bump on a piece of white office paper.  Don't ask me
> what electro-mechanical process this invokes, but my pump trainer/Minimed
> employee/friend told me to do it, and my batteries last 6 weeks or more...

Actually, that's a very good point. The button on the battery may get corroded
slightly, which causes resistance, which wastes battery power. Reminds me of the
maintenance procedure I use on computer boards or chips when they don't work
right, take them out and rub an eraser across the contacts. Hmmmmm....pumps are
just like any other electronic equipment, after all.
Ted Quick