Re: [IP] ? - Strips, Doctors, Insurance

I'm afraid this isn't going to help much, but part of the problem may be
that the doctor's office gets docked $$ by the insurance co for over
prescribing (according to insurance co tables) and the insurance co usually
assumes diabetics can test 3-4 times per day but that many don't need to and
most don't.  That is a formula based on 1950's medical assumptions and on
type 2 not type one diabetics.  You can try convincing your doctor to get
all kinds of "problem" conditions that effect your bgs on your official
records (you may have to call the insurance co and get them to subscribe
you, some have special depts for this).  The down side of this is you will
be uninsurable (privately) from here on out, but it is almost for sure you
are already uninsurable since diabetes disqualifies you anyway from most
private individual policies.  The up side is that they will be afraid of not
taking care of your "needs" since they can later be blamed and sometimes
sued for negligence.  Insurance companies are under fire these days so they
are trying to beef up public relations while keeping costs low.