Re: [IP] ? - Strips, Doctors, Insurance

email @ redacted wrote:
> In a message dated 1/12/99 10:56:35 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> <<  The staff does not believe I test myself
>  approximately 10 times a day.  >>
> Hi Fran
> Does your meter have a memory? If so, you could show them how many times a day
> you test a day by accessing the memory (in front of them). I'd say that a more
> caring medical staff would be helpful, too. Can you find any like that where
> you are? I know it took me a few tries to find health care professionals I
> felt comfortable with.

To expand on this thought further, does your glucose meter plug into your
computer to download test results? If so, take that print out and show it
to them.

Besides which, the pump companies recommend a minimum of four tests per
day for pump users safety. Check it out, then have your manufacturers reps
call on the doctor and ask why he is endangering your life...... Maybe
that'll get them to understand reality!

Ted Quick