No Subject

got another question for the group... as most know, pump and I went live on
friday with straight H... what I've noticed is that if I bolus for food,
it'll take a full 5 hours to see the results... example: this norning got
up at 123, not bad considering where my bg's have been... *S*... ate and
bolused at 8am... tested at 12:30 when I got home from teaching class and
was at 236... ouch!! tested again at 1:00 when I felt like eating again and
was suddenly at 145... same meter the whole time... this is a trend since
friday when I started pumping...

it seems that it takes a full 5 hours for the H bolus to do it's thing...
is this to be expected or what??? this trend happens no matter what I eat
or how large the bolus is... ride high for 4 hours then the drop... never
noticed this on shots but then I was shooting R and N... last time I used H
*injected* it kicked in so fast that I had to wait till I was halfway
through a meal before using it...

if this is normal, I can sure live with it... *S*... dispise crashes!!!!

still experimenting with rates etc, but feel 10,000% better on the pump
then even my best days on shots... *S!!!*

Ellen B-C

"If you are a good economist, a virtuous economist, you are
reborn as a physicist. But if you are an evil, wicked
economist, you are reborn as a sociologist." --Paul Krugman