[IP] ? - Strips, Doctors, Insurance

I really need some help.  I could even use some sample letter that I
could just hand over to the doctor and staff.  I am seeing the doctor
that replaced the one I was seeing.  The past few months has been very
difficult trying to get strips and insulin.  I am questioned and given
the third degree.  The staff does not believe I test myself
approximately 10 times a day.  On the pump I've needed more humalog and
wanted to get some velosulin in case I decide to mix.  I've been on the
pump less than three months and am still experimenting etc.  Gee's I
don't need to tell you all that! <VBG>.  It has just been so stressful
the last year with the Medical community here and I am just walking on
pins and needles whenever I have to speak with one of the staff or a
doctor.  I am afraid of saying the "wrong" thing.  Over the holiday it
took three phone calls to the doctors office and four to the pharmacists
just to get 300 strips.  Now the doctors office has allowed me to get
600 strips to last me one year.  I test on average 10 / day.  Of course
this all to obtain insurance coverage, but without that I couldn't
afford to purchase them.

Anyway I go this Thursday to this doctor and want to be able to say
something to the doctor about the staff and the hassles I get.  I would
appreciate any suggestions, recommendations, and support.  It's dealing
with people like this office and doctors that won't listen that make
this disease the most difficult for me.

On a humorous note:  What do they think I am going to do with the
strips?  Smoke them and get a buzz!  :-)  Or possibly they think I'll
sell them on the street and start pushing strips and insulin.

Thank you in advance.
IDDM 36 years, since age 3,
pumping 2 1/2 months.