Re: [IP] Battery Life

>Has anyone had an experience with batteries for you pump not lasting? Amy
>changed her's 2 weeks ago, and yesterday her pump said 'Lo Battery'. It
>wouldn't do a thing until we changed them. It's been awfully cold here in
>Illinois that past 3 - 4 weeks, but her pump isn't exposed to the cold anymore
>than she is, so I don't think it's that. BTW, these were batteries from
>MiniMed - I replaced them with Everready.

It's been reported by some people that store-bought batteries sometimes do
not last as long as the "official" batteries. This may be due to age... as
batteries sit in warehouses and store shelves, they gradually deplete their
power. The "official" batteries from your pump company may be fresher and
so last longer.

You can also try purchasing batteries from stores with a higher stock
turn-over. I don't know if anyone has found that certain stores sell
fresher batteries that last longer than others, or not.

ICQ #11353385