[IP] Re:cheese

Gina, there's nothing like a little experimentation.  Just have her eat
some cheese for lunch and don't bolus.  Then say 2 and 4 hours later
measure the BG.   The guidelines I was originally given was to start with
about 1/3 U per oz of protein, but I do find that there is protein and
there is protein.  Meat protein tends in me to have bigger effect on my BG
than dairy protein.  For meat in the evening I need about 1U per oz.  You
may find differences in different kinds of cheese, so it is worth
experimenting.  And your daughter might love trying all those new cheeses
:-)
-wm

how much protein is safe to take without covering with insulin?? In
looking at my counter, it doesnt look like a lot of the proteins need to
be covered with a bolus.  My daughter loves cheese.  So far she has been
able to take 2-3oz at a time without raising her sugars.  what do other
people do to cover proteins??
gw

-Wayne