[IP] Softsets, comfort sets, tenders, etc., etc....

Dear Pumpers,

    I have been pumping for about a month and a half now, and of course
think I know everything, but I am absolutely in the dark about all the
different "sets" people use with their pumps.  I have been using what
Minimed sent me in my original intro package :   sof-set ultimate infusion
sets with a quick release.  Please explain all of these other tubing
designs, and their purposes.  Can they all be used with a minimed pump?  I
use my little sof-serter to insert the infusion set - can I only use certain
types of tubing with thte sof-serter?
Thanks in advance for your responses.

Mary Bacon