Re: [IP] staph infections

Elisabeth Corns wrote:
> This may seem like a stupid question,

No, not possible: you asked it, therefore by definition it's a SMART

but why is it easier to get an
> infection inserting w/ the pump than w/injecting??  I was just
> wondering. = )

Injections are done in seconds, an infusion set canula goes through the skin
and stays there for days at a time. This makes the body react to this "foreign"
item much as it would a splinter. The resulting irritation plus the possible
invasion of bacteria through the infusion sit around the canula for the several
days it's in there is a lot more likely than through an instantaneous injection.

Ted Quick