[IP] how to get a cure...

    The Jan. 1999 Diabetes Forecast states that Congress will be voting soon on a budget related to medical research - including diabetes.  I urge you to write your Congressional representative about how many people suffer from this disease.  I would guess that everyone in the USA knows a friend or family member with diabetes.  Curing AIDS and cancer are certainly important,  but diabetes needs to get the proper attention that it deserves.
    This is the year for the spotlight.  Miss America is fighting and there will be a Rally for the Cure in Washington D.C in March.  Please tell as many people as you can to call or write their senator and representatives and ask them to vote for more money for diabetes research.