Re: [IP] Re: Staph Infections

> I'm just recovering from my 2nd staph infection (within 5 years)
> with an infusion site. I'm fortunate to have a local support group,
> and members there suggested that I use an antiseptic swab for
> cleaning and prepping, instead of the basic alcohol ones.

The alcohol swabs do very little to disinfect a site. Soap and water
probably do a better job.

Try the following:

Swab with Povidone prep pad and let dry
Wipe excess iodine off with alcohol wipe, let dry
Swab with Smith & Nephew I.V. prep pad, let dry
apply set or tape+ set depending on how you do it.

There! your sterile....

Povidone-Iodine U.S.P. prep pads
    Professional Disposables, Inc.
    Orangeburge, NY 10962
    # B40600

I.V. Prep Antiseptic Wipes
    Smith & Nephew
    NDC 50484-210-00   #42100

If there is enough interest, Insulin Pumpers might start stocking
these for web purchase if you folks out there would like that.

Send me an e-mail to indicate your interest. These are relatively
inexpensive, and we could not offer any insurance billing.

Michael <email @ redacted>