[IP] Re: Staph Infections

I'm just recovering from my 2nd staph infection (within 5 years) with
an infusion site. I'm fortunate to have a local support group, and
members there suggested that I use an antiseptic swab for cleaning and
prepping, instead of the basic alcohol ones. Of course I will try
this--I do not want any more scar tissue (not to mention pain) that
leaves less room for new sites. Just wondered if I was the last to
know how important this was, and if anyone had other suggestions or
experiences with "bumps" in the skin that went bonkers???? Our DE did
say that allergies or sensitivity to bandages or tape could also
result in similar problems.