Re: [IP] Strip Testing Stuff

Natalie A. Sera wrote:
> I thought that the original conversation was that you could use a
> One-Touch strip to test for the presence of sugar in drinks by putting a
> drop on the unused portion and seeing if it turns purple visually.
> But some people seem to be talking about testing drinks using meters.
> I'm not sure how accurate that is, because some meters use color change,
> but some use electrical impedance(?), and there might be other things in
> the drink that change the electrical properties of the sample.
> Could someone please clarify??

Meters are NOT useful for checking for the presence of a PARTICULAR
level of sugar in a liquid.  They MAY be able to detect the PRESENCE of
sugar, however.

In particular, the electrical impudence strips (Elite, Precision, etc)
will NOT be helpful for this VISUAL check method, because they do not
change color.

Again, ONLY the old technology of colormetric change is useful for
testing your Big Gulps.

Mike Maturen