[IP] RE: Sounds familiar

Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 22:10:29 +0000
From: "Michael" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Strip Testing Stuff

Michael wrote:

>Don't test it on the meter, the meter is designed to test blood.
>Use a urine test strip or the back of an old profile strip. I will
>only tell you that sugar is present or not, not how much.

     Now does this sound familiar or what? My suggestion is to cut out the oatmeal and Coffeemate. Just check out the carbs in these two items! I have already been there and done that, with Malto Meal too. You will not be able to control these types of breakfast food well. I finally got a handle on my morning BG's after I finally just quit eating breakfast! I can now hold a 90 BG at 5 AM to 102 at lunch. just don't eat any oatmeal or cream of wheat or Maltomeal.
    Trust me I have tried to go by the nutrient content on the box and even called Quaker and Maltomeal and found no solution short of not eating these foods. One of Life's Little Tragedies.
    I could have a fasting BG of 90 and eat breakfast, maltomeal and toast and a cup of milk and have a BG of 250 or 300 in two hours and would take half the day to get it back down. This may not be the "best" solution but it works for me.
    Just my .02 cents worth. . . . .
age 51
507    2
(almost an expert) LOL