Re: [IP] IEP's

> I think you should also ask if there is a distinction between an IEP for
> special education -- which is for kids with learning problems -- and an
> individualized medical care plan -- which is what your daughter REALLY
> needs. I wouldn't want to see her labeled as learning-disabled if she's
> not!

Both an IEP or a 504 plan would work.  IEP does not mean your child is
labeled as learning-disabled.  IEP's cover all children requiring
special services of the school.  Diabetics fall under the OHI, Other
Health-Impaired, category.  That way the school still gets special ed
funding to cover the extra (?) costs of providing services for the child
and yet the child is not *really* labeled as special ed.