Re: [IP] Type 2 and pumps

Jan wrote

>Gee, those type 1s get to have *all* the fun!

>Who says pumps are only for type 1s? I'm a type 2 and *I'm* on a pump. Of
>course, it took me six months to talk my endo into it. (His first response
>was, "But you're a type 2.") I was on 5-6 shots of Humalog and NPH a day. IMO,
>if you have diabetes and if you're taking insulin, it doesn't matter what
>"type" you are. A pump offers a lot more freedom, flexibilty and control.

I agree with you.  Unfortunately this man's doctor does not.  He is looking
for some type 2 resources, who are on the pump, which is why I posted

If anyone is willing to talk to this man and let him know how you got a
pump and what you think about it, please let me know by private e-mail and
I will pass your message/address along.  Right now he only has my assurance
that type 2's can use a pump, which is worth zip to his doctor.

email @ redacted                             Vancouver, BC, Canada