[IP] Does saline sting?

I have a friend whose 8 year old daughter is getting ready to go on an insulin pump.  She's wearing it now with saline during training (Disetronic, using Tenders) and complains that the boluses hurt, sometimes to the point she cries, but the sites aren't otherwise uncomfortable.  She wonders if that means the insulin will hurt.  My daughter says she can feel the insulin going in, more like a tingle, but it's never hurt unless the catheter was in muscle, then it hurt all the time.  So what's everyone else's experience? Does saline hurt more than insulin?