Re: [IP] Re:Diet Coke Issues

>As for the diet coke thing, I would think that with the excessive amount of
>sugar that all Americans (and Canadians) consume, that any individual
>ordering a diet pop is not out of the ordinary.  Lucky for the waitstaff in
>Canada, I have not received this comment - or is it just the softspoken
>nature of all Canadians ;).

Just so happens diet beverages like Diet Coke are still not common at food
establishments.  Several times in the past year I've had to forgo a
beverage and drink water (not a bad thing) because the establishment didn't
stock diet sodas.

When I was a kid, I used to have to sneak diet pop into the movie theatre
under my shirt.  The local theatres only stocked regular softdrinks.  Today
they do have one diet soda to choose form out of about 8 others.

It beats me how "normal" people can drink a 2L of regualr soda a day and
not gain weight.  Geeze!

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!