Re: [IP] Re: has this ever happened with anyone (really annoying

On  6 Jan 99 at 15:05, email @ redacted wrote:

> Brian,
> you're not the only one dealing with the crazy public. One time at Wendy's I
> ordered a diet coke for my 2 diabetic kids to share, as I was walking away I
> overheard the clerk telling the manager that she hated to see people like me
> ordering diet for their kids. I had a funny feeling so I whipped out my
> Accuchek 2{it was when the kids were little} and tested a drop of the soda.It
> was a good thing I did cuz the jerk gave them regular coke.I went off on the
> clerk and was escorted out of the shop. The next day I contacted the regional
> manager who appologized profusely and then wrote us another apology.

I routinely test any fountain drink - you'd be surprised how many times I've discovered that they
had the hookups crossed, or they'd run out of diet coke and just stuck a regular coke cylinder in
the rack...  I've had managers argue with me and then appologize all over the place when I finally
convinced them to go look...

Moral of the story - check the drinks because nobody is sure what you're getting...

Randall P. Winchester
* misunderstood something.