[IP] rough road

Just wondering - is it normal to all of a sudden hit rough patches in the road
when pumping? My daughter, 12, has been pumping very well since June '98. Now,
for the last 4 weeks she seems to be going berserk (her #'s that is!). At 1st
I thought it was hormones, but not 4 weeks worth. She's had more highs with
ketones in the last 4 weeks than her 2 3/4 yrs. of d. Not getting action fast
enough from her CDE, but I do have a call in (again) to them. Did any of you
find that suddenly you needed to redo all your basals, insulin-carb ratio or
refigure your insulin sensitivity? I know pumping is an ever changing process,
just didn't expect this sudden and drastic situation.
Thanks for any helpful words you have to offer!
Sue Tappendorf (Sue from IL)