[IP] Re: Training

> would like to know in general what type of training people are getting
>when placed on their pump and where they are getting this training.

I received my pump training at the International Diabetes Center in Minneapolis.  I went in one morning for about 2 hours (after having watched the Disetronic video and read all the literature I could).  The trainer (supplied by Disetronic I believe) walked me through filling the Insulin cartridge, programming and inserting the infusion set.  Then my doctor came in and set my basals and I was off.  I called the Dr.'s office daily for about 3 days, then weekly for about 3 weeks, but that was all.  I've been on my own (and doing well) ever since.