[IP] Another wierd story!

This is not about me, per se, but I met a young woman this summer who saw my pump and asked about it.  I explained to her what it was and that I had diabetes.  She said "Oh, so do I.  I used to take insulin shots, but not any more.  I guess I just outgrew it."  >:-}  OUTGREW IT!  We were in a large group of people, so I am not sure if she might be trying to get attention or make me look bad or what, but I was so shocked by the comment that I didn't say anything or ask any questions.  Please tell me if this could be true or was she just insane.

P.S.  She also said that she has lots of kidney problems.  HMMMM!