[IP] people and their food questions

I have found that adults who find out I have diabetes(I'm 17) are
surprised that I'm not skinny and pale.  Peers generally don't know
anything about diabetes so they don't say anything---EXCEPT why aren't I
drinking diet(cuz I really hate diet!!!), or why am I eating a piece of

Not that I eat much of these--I wouldn't even if I weren't diabetic, but
I don't like that people assume that they know what's best for me! I've
been living with it for 12 years and I know what I can and can't do!!