Re: [IP] hospital visit

Hi Brian,
I was in the hospital this past July for 3 weeks.  NOBODY there had EVER seen
a pump in person.  The Doctors were great, for me to be in total control of
the pump.
This one night though, I crashed really bad(had just hooked back up to the
pump after surgery) and the nurse insisted that i disconnect form the pump.  I
explained over and over that I was not to do that!  She finally called the Doc
and he said that I knew exactly what to do. Soooo, the pump control was
totally up to me.  I run into this all the time, medical prefessionals not
knowing about the pump, or "thinking " that they do, and DONT!