[IP] hospital visit

Several years ago i had to make a trip to the ER because of a persistant
high BG.  When i arrived at the er and was seen by the attending DR. we had
a little verbal confrontation.. For me i was told in the hospital never
remove the pump from me for there treatment just run the basal.. it took me
20 minutes then just gave up and gave him the # to my DRs in Alb. NM and
finally he called and let me leave it on.. had this ever happened to anyone
or what were yall told about hospital stays?

Brian Carter

P.S. made me worry more when he first thought it was a beeper, then he
wanted to know what a insulin pump was for, then he wanted me to try to
explain how it worked then before i told him he isisted that i take it off.